• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

You need to upgrade your Flash Player to version 10 or newer.

freestyler

I remember when this came out, I was in a boarding school in UK and I was a 9th grader (Yr10---first year in GCSE) and I probably heard this on the radio 5-6 times on the radio in a day. It was a big hit... apparently it was big in Ireland, Australia, Denmark and Sweden as well as in England. "Freestyler" beczme a big hit throughout Europe and it was the year 2000's biggest-selling single in Europe.




The song came back to me while I went to Carl's Jr. to grab a bite of burger (and as many of you very well know that I rarely eat fast food anymore) and that reminded of my high school days in Eastbounr UK when we used to go to Mr.House or kebab place on the weekend after the rugby game. I remember it being a blast. and made me want to listen to it again.

So I tried to download "freestyler" from iTune... and flip. iTune only sells the stupid remix that ruins the original. So I googled it. It had the free mp3 download site but the site was closed... so I finally found it on youtube and ebay. I didn't want to spend $10 dollars for one song so I downloaded the Music video for the "freestyler" from youtube and I now listen it occasionally. My youthful days returned.



This song is basically techno music; one of the very few techno that rocked my youthful days. The song was also featured in the video game Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2. This song won the Best Nordic Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards. Nevertheless, the single did spark controversy. The line "Who the **** is Alice, is she from Buckingham Palace?" has never been censored on any radio or video release, and the video featured a lot of product placement by Sony.

Check it out on YouTube.

0 comments: