• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

You need to upgrade your Flash Player to version 10 or newer.

You can't remember?

I used to be a teaching assistant for Statistics 221. Statistics 221 (which shall be called Stats 221 hereafter) is a class that almost everyone who attends BYU takes. Now when I meet new people, and tell them that I major in Statistics, this is how the conversation usually goes:

Me: "I major in Statistics"
Someone: "Oh yeah I've taken Statistics class!"
Me: "Oh yeah? Was that Stats 221?"
Someone: "hmmm... I don't know... I don't remember... I just remember it was hard"
Me: "Oh man... I could have helped you I used to be a TA and..."
blah blah blah...

My concern is this: "How in the world do you not remember which stats class you took, especially if you found it extremely difficult???" Now I'm not saying that those people who don't remember have been lying to me but I just can't understand how people can't remember the class number they took. I've been in college for almost 4 yrs and I remember every single class I took at BYU (and I remember the class number too!) Moreover, you have to say which stats you are in when you go to testing center to take it! How in the world can you forget it?

If the person really doesnt remember the number, I am only lead to assume that this person either not serious his/her schooling or never went to lecture or the lab.

Am I wrong in saying this? I don't think I am because if I am asked which History, American Heritage, Humanity, or HEPE class I ever took, I can recall it from top of my head. Can you do that? I believe you can. (but I don't I will be able to remember all my religion numbers. I've taken too many religion classes. but if you've only taken ONE stats class, I think you still can remember it)

If you haven't met met (I'm not pointing my finger at anyone) Please don't say "I don't know I don't remember" because I know you can remember it if you try a little harder and I doubt that you are careless about your schooling.

Some things in the world are sooooo strange!! Or am I just too weird????

0 comments: